- 1 How do I fix my Xfinity WiFi box?
- 2 What to do if WiFi is not connecting?
- 3 Why is my Xfinity WiFi box blinking orange?
- 4 How do I restore my Internet connection?
- 5 How do I restart my Internet connection?
- 6 How do I refresh my WiFi connection?
- 7 How do I get my Xfinity WiFi back online?
- 8 What does blue blinking light mean on Xfinity modem?
- 9 How do I get my Comcast modem to light up online?
- 10 Will resetting my router mess up my Internet?
- 11 Is it good to reset your router?
- 12 What happens when you reset your modem?
- 13 Why is my Internet not working?
- 14 What does the WPS button do?
- 15 Why is my WiFi not working after reset?
Log in to your account at xfinity.com/myaccount using your Xfinity ID and password. Scroll down and select Manage Internet. Select Restart Modem to begin troubleshooting. Select Start Troubleshooting to begin your modem restart.
Subsequently, how do I reset my Xfinity WiFi box?
- Locate the reset button. The router reset button is located on the back of the router.
- Press and hold the reset button. Using a paper clip or pen, gently depress the reset button and hold it until the lights on the front of the modem turn off.
- Wait for the router to reinitialize.
Also know, why is my Xfinity WiFi not working? Unplug your equipment, wait one minute, and then plug it back in. This method, known as powercycling or rebooting, can fix many connection problems. Make sure your account is up to date on payments by going to the Billing tab in My Account (you may be asked to sign in using your Xfinity ID and password first).
Amazingly, how do you reset a WiFi box? Unplug your router or modem from its power outlet (don’t just turn it off). Wait 15-20 seconds, then plug it back in. Allow the device a minute or two to turn back on.
Correspondingly, how do I fix my Xfinity WiFi box online light not on? The “Online” light being off on the Xfinity router suggests that there is no internet service. What is this? To rectify the issue, check the main list, reset your router, plug it directly into a power source, or contact Xfinity customer support.
- Unplug the router and the modem.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in the modem.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug in the router.
- Wait at least 2 minutes.
- When the router and modem restart, test to see if the problem went away.
How do I fix my Xfinity WiFi box?
- Go to the Internet Service tab in My Account (you may be asked to sign in using your Xfinity ID and password).
- Scroll down to Devices. Find the modem and select Restart Modem.
- Select Start Troubleshooting to begin your modem restart. This can take up to seven minutes.
What to do if WiFi is not connecting?
- Check Your WiFi Router’s Lights.
- Reboot Your Router and Modem.
- See if Your WiFi is Working on Other Devices.
- Make Sure There Is Not an Internet Outage in Your Area.
- Connect to Your WiFi Router with an Ethernet Cable.
- Reset Your Router to Factory Settings.
- Remove Any Obstructions Blocking Your WiFi Signal.
One of the reasons for a blinking orange light on the Xfinity router is a firmware upgrade. … Wait till the firmware upgrade completes. Another reason for the orange blinking light can be a damaged or malfunctioning splitter.
How do I restore my Internet connection?
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”.
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
How do I restart my Internet connection?
- Locate your modem and router.
- Unplug both the modem and router.
- Leave both devices unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the power back into your modem ONLY.
- Plug in the router and wait, at minimum, two full minutes.
- Test things out.
How do I refresh my WiFi connection?
How do I get my Xfinity WiFi back online?
- Log in to your account at xfinity.com/myaccount using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Scroll down and select Manage Internet.
- Select Restart Modem to begin troubleshooting.
- Select Start Troubleshooting to begin your modem restart.
The flashing blue light on your Xfinity router indicates WPS pairing mode. It means that the router is looking to establish a secure connection with a wireless device. Then, it automatically changes to steady white light, indicating a protected link between the gateway and another device.
How do I get my Comcast modem to light up online?
- Try a “power cycle” on your modem/gateway. This can be done by unplugging it, leaving off for 1 minute, then plugging back in.
- Try resetting your modem/gateway. This can be done by holding the Reset button for at least 11 seconds and then releasing it.
Will resetting my router mess up my Internet?
It’s important to note that when you reset your home router you will lose all of your current network settings, like the name of the Wi-Fi network, its password, etc. … The most universal way to reset a router, however, is via the reset button, usually found on the router’s back or underside.
Is it good to reset your router?
Routers, like computers, work best with regular hard resets. Resetting a router can also clear the memory, which is critical for those with multiple devices or an older router. Resetting your router is an easy way to prevent malware attempts – the FBI even recommends router resets for that reason.
What happens when you reset your modem?
A reset restores your modem to its factory default settings. It will also erase any customized settings you may have changed, including static IP address setup, DNS, personalized password, WiFi settings, routing and DHCP settings.
Why is my Internet not working?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
Wi-Fi® Protected Setup (WPS) is a built-in feature of many routers that make it easier to connect Wi-Fi enabled devices to a secure wireless network. …
Why is my WiFi not working after reset?
Update your Router Firmware If you still have no internet connection after modem reset, one possible reason is that your router firmware may be outdated already. … In the worst case scenario, you may need to have your ISP remotely update your router’s firmware to make it work again.