- 1 What is private interconnect in Oracle RAC?
- 2 How do you test for Olsnodes?
- 3 What is scan IP and VIP in Oracle RAC?
- 4 How many scan listeners in RAC?
- 5 How do I change my scanned IP address?
- 6 What is use of scan IP in Oracle RAC?
- 7 What is scan IP address?
- 8 How do you modify public network information including VIP in Oracle Clusterware 19c?
- 9 What is GCS and GES in RAC?
- 10 What is Cache Fusion in Oracle RAC?
- 11 What is voting disk in RAC?
- 12 How do I get private interconnect in RAC?
- 13 How do I find my Interconnect IP address?
- 14 How does RAC check interconnect performance?
- 15 What is Oracle Olsnodes command?
- Step 1: Determine private IP address.
- Step 2: Determine Ethernet card name.
- Step 3: Add new interface Subnet ID specification:
- Step 4 : Verify the changes:
- Step 5: Stop cluster on all node:
- Step 6: Modify netwrok address on network adapter of each box:
Beside above, how can I change my RAC private IP?
- Stop CRS as root.
- Backup /u01/app/184.108.40.206/grid/gpnp/
- Change the IP in below OS files as root.
- Check current IP and its interface.
- To Change the IP Address for the current Session as root:
- SSH/Ping from Both Nodes.
- Start CRS as root.
Quick Answer, how can I find my private IP in Oracle RAC?
- Display the current scan configuration. $ srvctl config scan. SCAN name: exadata-pscan1, Network: 1. Subnet IPv4: 192.168.16.0 /255 .255.255.0 /bondeth0 , static.
- Obtain information about SCAN DNS records. $ nslookup exadata-pscan1. Server: 192.168.16.20.
- Display Cluster Name.
Correspondingly, how do I change the scan IP in Oracle RAC 19c? Step-1: Stop Scan_listener and SCAN, then check its status as follows. Step-2: Check the existing IP adresses of SCAN NAME as follows. Step-3: Change the SCAN IP of SCAN NAME from DNS Server. After you change the IP Adresses of SCAN NAME, check if it is changed from Server using Nslookup SCAN_NAME command.
Also the question is, how do I modify private network information in Oracle Clusterware?
- Use oifcfg to add the new private network information, delete the old private network information:
- Shutdown Oracle Clusterware stack.
- Make required network change at OS level, /etc/hosts file should be modified on all nodes to reflect the change.
- restart the Oracle Clusterware stack.
Private IP addresses are required by Oracle RAC to provide communication between the cluster nodes. Depending on your private network configuration, you may need one or more IP addresses. You can configure the private IP addresses for high availability using the PrivNIC or MultiPrivNIC agents.
What is private interconnect in Oracle RAC?
Real Application Cluster Architecture. Cluster Private Interconnect. The cluster interconnect is a high bandwidth, low latency communication facility that connects each node to other nodes in the cluster and routes messages among the nodes. It is a key component in building the RAC system.
How do you test for Olsnodes?
- -i – includes VIP information.
- -n – includes node number.
- -p – includes private interconnect information.
- -v – verbose mode.
What is scan IP and VIP in Oracle RAC?
SCAN virtual IP addresses (VIPs) function like node VIPs. However, unlike node VIPs, SCAN VIPs can run on any node in the cluster. Clients (users or applications) that connect using a SCAN instead of a node VIP name or address do not have to update the list of node names or addresses in their local tnsnames.
How many scan listeners in RAC?
RAC instances register to SCAN listeners as remote listeners. Oracle recommends assigning 3 addresses to SCAN, which will create 3 SCAN listeners, though the cluster has got dozens of nodes.
How do I change my scanned IP address?
- To check the current status SCN IP address on DNS. $nslookup
- Request network admin to update NEW SCAN IP address in the DNS server.
- To verify that the change was successful.
- Start SCAN and the SCAN listener. # $GRID_HOME/bin/srvctl start scan.
What is use of scan IP in Oracle RAC?
Answer: According to reliable sources on the web, SCAN provides a single domain name via DNS), allowing and-users to address a RAC cluster as-if it were a single IP address. SCAN works by replacing a hostname or IP list with virtual IP addresses (VIP).
What is scan IP address?
IP scanning is the ongoing IT task of analyzing a business network to discover IP addresses and identify relevant information associated with those IP addresses and devices. Armed with an IP range scanner, admins can set a specified range of addresses to discover any IP addresses within that range.
How do you modify public network information including VIP in Oracle Clusterware 19c?
- Shutdown Oracle Clusterware stack.
- Modify the IP address at network layer, DNS and /etc/hosts file to reflect the change or modify the MAC address at network layer.
- Restart Oracle Clusterware stack.
What is GCS and GES in RAC?
Global Cache Service (GCS) and Global Enqueue Service (GES) GCS and GES (which are basically RAC processes) play the key role in implementing Cache Fusion. GCS ensures a single system image of the data even though the data is accessed by multiple instances.
What is Cache Fusion in Oracle RAC?
As the name suggests, CACHE FUSION is the amalgamation of cache from each node/instance participating in the RAC, but it is not any physically secured memory component which can be configured unlike the usual buffer cache (or other SGA components) which is local to each node/instance.
What is voting disk in RAC?
Voting Disks in Oracle RAC Description A voting disk is a file that manages information about node membership. It is located on the shared cluster system or a shared raw device file or Oracle ASM(11gr2 onwards) . Its primary purpose is to help in a situation where the private network communication fails.
How do I get private interconnect in RAC?
- Check Oracle RAC interconnect information. SELECT * FROM GV$CLUSTER_INTERCONNECTS;
- Check Oracle RAC interconnect information. Both private and public information is stored in OCR.
- Verify the interconnect setting from this view. SELECT * FROM V$CONFIGURED_INTERCONNECTS;
How do I find my Interconnect IP address?
- Query X$KSXPIA. The following query provides the interconnect IP address registered with Oracle database:
- Query GV$CLUSTER_INTERCONNECTS view.
- ASM and Database log.
- CLUSTER_INTERCONNECT initialization parameter.
How does RAC check interconnect performance?
- a) Check for “gc cr lost blocks” wait event in Automatic Workload Repository (AWR)/sysstats.
- b) Identify Interconnect performance from AWR.
- Under Global Cache and Enqueue Services – Workload Characteristics.
What is Oracle Olsnodes command?
The olsnodes command provides the list of nodes and other information for all nodes participating in the cluster. You can use this command to quickly check that your cluster is operational, and all nodes are registered as members of the cluster. This command also provides an easy method for obtaining the node numbers.