- 1 How do I setup my modem and router?
- 2 How do I get CenturyLink Internet to work?
- 3 Do I need a phone line for CenturyLink Internet?
- 4 How do I activate Internet on a new router?
- 5 How do I hook my TV up to the Internet?
- 6 How do you set up Internet connection?
- 7 How do I connect my modem to the Internet?
- 8 Why is my internet not working?
- 9 What lights should be on my modem?
- 10 Is CenturyLink DSL or cable?
- 11 How much does CenturyLink charge for installation?
- 12 Does CenturyLink charge for modem?
- 13 How do I register my modem?
- 14 How do I set up WiFi in my home?
- 15 How do I register my router?
- 16 Why is my TV not connected to the Internet?
How do I setup my modem and router?
Connect one end of one Ethernet cable into the back of the modem, then connect the other end into the Wide Area Network (WAN) port on the router. Connect the router power cord into an electrical outlet, then connect the other end to the router.
How do I get CenturyLink Internet to work?
- Check the network name (SSID) on the your modem’s label.
- Find the wireless network info in the modem settings.
- Use the WPS button to connect.
- Remove (forget) saved WiFi networks on your device, then try connecting again.
Do I need a phone line for CenturyLink Internet?
CenturyLink offers High-Speed Internet services that do not require a home phone line. Depending on location, the connection speeds available may vary. CenturyLink does offer bundled services for customers who want additional benefits or to save on their monthly bill.
How do I activate Internet on a new router?
- Step 1: Decide where to place the router.
- Step 2: Connect to the Internet.
- Step 3: Configure the wireless router gateway.
- Step 4: Connect gateway to router.
- Step 5: Use app or web dashboard.
- Step 6: Create a username and password.
- Step 7: Update the router’s firmware.
- Step 8: Create a Wi-Fi password.
How do I hook my TV up to the Internet?
- Find the Ethernet port on the back of your TV.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the port on your TV.
- Select Menu on your TV’s remote and then go to Network Settings.
- Select the option to enable wired internet.
- Type your Wi-Fi password using your remote’s buttons.
How do you set up Internet connection?
On an Android device, open Settings, select Connections, select Wi-Fi, and tap the network you want to connect to. On iPhone, open Settings, select Wi-Fi, turn on Wi-Fi and tap the network that you want to join.
How do I connect my modem to the Internet?
To connect it to your computer, plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet or LAN port on the back of your modem, then plug the other end into the Ethernet port on the back of your computer. Your modem should come with an Ethernet cable, but any old Ethernet cable will do.
Why is my internet not working?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
What lights should be on my modem?
Should all the lights on my modem be green? The power light, downstream indicator, upstream indicator, online indicator, and link light on your modem should all be green. If your power light is yellow, it may be upgrading, so leave the modem on and give it a little time to do its thing.
Is CenturyLink DSL or cable?
CenturyLink uses both DSL (digital subscriber line) and fiber optic internet. The combination means it is widely available, offered in 36 states. DSL is an older technology and isn’t as fast as cable or fiber, but it’s a better option than dial-up and much more affordable than satellite.
How much does CenturyLink charge for installation?
One Time Charges. A $99 charge for a technician installation of services is shown in the One Time Charges area. Any one-time charges related to your order will be shown in this area.
Does CenturyLink charge for modem?
You can also “bring your own equipment” with CenturyLink, or you can lease a modem from them. If you sign up for CenturyLink’s gigabit speeds, the modem is free. For other plans, CenturyLink’s modem costs $15 per month. … Secondly, CenturyLink’s modem has “Secure Wi-Fi” features to keep your wireless network safe.
How do I register my modem?
- Prepare your Modem Info.
- Disconnect Current & Connect New Modem.
- Confirm Internet Access.
- Activate your new modem.
- Return your rental modem equipment.
- Check your next billing statement for a discount.
How do I set up WiFi in my home?
How do I register my router?
- Connect your mobile device to your router’s WiFi network.
- Launch the Nighthawk app.
- Enter your router’s admin password and tap the LOGIN button. The dashboard displays.
- Tap Menu icon located on top left.
- Tap Settings>Router Settings.
- Tap Register Product.
- Sign into your NETGEAR account.
Why is my TV not connected to the Internet?
Try these simple methods to get your TV to connect to WIFI: Go into TV menu – SETTINGS – GENERAL – NETWORK – NETWORK STATUS and select NETWORK RESET. Update the firmware on your TV to the newest version. Turn off all firewalls as a test to be sure this is not causing issues. Go back to TV and try to connect to WIFI.