- 1 Why is my Internet connected but not working?
- 2 What to do when WiFi is not working?
- 3 How do you fix WiFi is connected but no Internet?
- 4 Why does my Wi-Fi have no internet?
- 5 How do I restart my WiFi router?
- 6 How do I reset my internet connection?
- 7 How do I reconnect to the Internet?
- 8 How do I connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi?
- 9 How long does it take for a router to reconnect?
- 10 Will resetting my router mess up my Internet?
- 11 What happens when I press the WPS button on my router?
- 12 How do I refresh my wifi connection?
- 13 How do I fix my wifi router?
- 14 How do I reconnect my router?
- 15 What are the three ways to connect to Internet?
- 16 How do I get my router back online?
- Run the internet troubleshooter (for Windows)
- Run Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test (for macOS)
- Clear your DNS cache.
- Scan for viruses and malware.
- Switch off your antivirus software.
- Make sure you have a working IP address.
Why is my Internet connected but not working?
If your computer is the only device that says it has a connection but no actual internet, it is likely that you have a misconfigured setting, faulty drivers or WiFi adapter, DNS issues, or a problem with your IP address. All devices have a WiFi connection but no internet.
What to do when WiFi is not working?
- Check Your WiFi Router’s Lights.
- Reboot Your Router and Modem.
- See if Your WiFi is Working on Other Devices.
- Make Sure There Is Not an Internet Outage in Your Area.
- Connect to Your WiFi Router with an Ethernet Cable.
- Reset Your Router to Factory Settings.
- Remove Any Obstructions Blocking Your WiFi Signal.
How do you fix WiFi is connected but no Internet?
- Restart Device.
- Check Modem Lights.
- ISP Is Down.
- Antivirus or Other Security App.
- Use Built-in Troubleshooter.
- Flush DNS.
- Change Wireless Mode on Router.
- Obtain IP and DNS Automatically.
Why does my Wi-Fi have no internet?
Outdated network driver Sometimes, an old, outdated, or corrupted network driver can be the cause of WiFi connected but no Internet error. Many times, a small yellow mark in your network device name or in your network adapter could indicate a problem.
How do I restart my WiFi router?
For some people the easiest way to reboot the router is to unplug the power supply, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in again. Alternatively, there may be an on/off switch on the back of the router, in which case you can use that to turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it on again.
How do I reset my internet connection?
- Unplug the router and the modem.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in the modem.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug in the router.
- Wait at least 2 minutes.
- When the router and modem restart, test to see if the problem went away.
How do I reconnect to the Internet?
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet Internet.
- Touch and hold the network name.
- Turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
- On the list, tap the network name.
- You’ll get a notification to sign in.
How do I connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi?
- To connect to the network, tap Connect.
- To change Wi-Fi settings, tap All Networks.
- To not get notifications for that network, clear the notification. Learn how to control notifications.
How long does it take for a router to reconnect?
Your cable modem router might take up to 20 minutes to connect to the Internet. The Internet LED lights solid white after the cable modem router is online.
Will resetting my router mess up my Internet?
It’s important to note that when you reset your home router you will lose all of your current network settings, like the name of the Wi-Fi network, its password, etc. … The most universal way to reset a router, however, is via the reset button, usually found on the router’s back or underside.
The WPS button simplifies the connection process The device is automatically connected to the wireless network without entering the network password. … Connect them to your wireless network by pressing the WPS button on the router and then on those devices.
How do I refresh my wifi connection?
How do I fix my wifi router?
- Test your Wi-Fi on different devices.
- Restart your modem and router.
- Try a different Ethernet cable.
- See who’s using your Wi-Fi.
- Upgrade your equipment.
- Call your internet service provider.
- Reset your router to default settings.
How do I reconnect my router?
What are the three ways to connect to Internet?
- Connecting using Wireless Broadband (Wi-Fi).
- Connecting using an Ethernet cable.
- Connecting a computer using a Dial-up.
How do I get my router back online?
- Unplug your router or modem from its power outlet (don’t just turn it off).
- Wait 15-20 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Allow the device a minute or two to turn back on.