- 1 How do I find Oracle SID?
- 2 What is an oracle SID?
- 3 How do I find the oracle SID and service name?
- 4 Is oracle SID and database name same?
- 5 How do I set up Sid?
- 6 What is the difference between Sid and schema?
- 7 How do I connect to Oracle RDS?
- 8 What is oracle SID in Tnsnames Ora?
- 9 How do I find my oracle TNS service name?
- 10 How do I find my oracle hostname and port number?
- 11 How do I find the database name in Oracle?
- 12 What is DB instance name?
- 13 Can we change SID in oracle?
- 14 What is the full form of Sid?
- 15 How do I find the SID of an Oracle database in Linux?
One way is to check your tnsnames. ora file where you can find (HOST=some_host_name/ip_address) under the desired connection string. If IP address is there then you have got what you wanted and if host name is there, you can ping to that host name in command prompt to get ip address.
Additionally, how do I find my IP address in Oracle? When you have the host name from the v$instance, you can do a “ping
You asked, how do I find the IP address of a database?
- Hold the windows key on your keyboard and then press the “R” key to open up the “Run” box.
- Type “cmd” into the text box and then click “OK”.
- In the black box that comes up type “ipconfig”.
Also the question is, how do I find client IP address in Oracle Apps? select SYS_CONTEXT(‘USERENV’, ‘IP_ADDRESS’, 15) PC_IP_ADDRESS from dual; This command, when i connect through toad or sql plus it will show me Client IP Address. when i connect through application server it will show me Application Server IP address.
Quick Answer, how do I find the IP address of a SQL Server query?
- Run ipconfig.exe via xp_cmdshell and parse the output.
- Query DMV sys. dm_exec_connections.
Get Client IP Address in Oracle Apex Execute the following SQL query from Oracle Apex SQL Workshop to test: Select owa_util. get_cgi_env(‘X-FORWARDED-FOR’) From dual; Below is an example of inserting a record in the table with values such as user id , date and IP address on logon in Oracle Apex.
How do I find Oracle SID?
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> ORACLE>>
- Oracle_SID will show your SID.
- Oracle_Home will show the location of your DB Home.
- Oracle_BUNDLE_NAME will show the edition of your Oracle Database.
- Oracle_SVCUSER will show the windows user for your Oracle Database.
What is an oracle SID?
The system identifier (SID) is a unique name for an Oracle database instance on a specific host. On UNIX and Linux, Oracle Database uses the SID and Oracle home values to create a key to shared memory.
How do I find the oracle SID and service name?
13 Answers. select instance_name from v$instance; will give you SID name. select name from v$database; will give DB NAME. select instance_name from v$instance; will give you SID name.
Is oracle SID and database name same?
SID and instance name are the same thing and identify database instance = processes and memory. Database name identifies database = database files on disk. Service name identifies database instance for Oracle Net i.e. for remote access to database instance.
How do I set up Sid?
- Log in as oracle.
- Open the .
- Add the following line anywhere between the Begin and End Oracle Settings comment lines: ORACLE_SID=PV; export ORACLE_SID.
- Save and exit the .
- Enter the following shell command to activate the change to your profile: $ . ./.
What is the difference between Sid and schema?
A schema and a user are pretty much the same in Oracle. When you create a user, a schema with the same name is automatically created. There is no concept of a “database” the way there is in Sybase or SQL Server. The SID is the identifier for an instance which is something completely different.
How do I connect to Oracle RDS?
- In the upper-right corner of the console, choose the AWS Region of your DB instance.
- Find the DNS name and port number for your DB Instance. Choose Databases to display a list of your DB instances.
What is oracle SID in Tnsnames Ora?
Oracle SID is the unique name that uniquely identifies your instance/database where as Service name is the TNS alias that you give when you remotely connect to your database and this Service name is recorded in Tnsnames.
How do I find my oracle TNS service name?
By default, the tnsnames. ora file is located in the ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory. Oracle Net will check the other directories for the configuration file.
How do I find my oracle hostname and port number?
- You find out the Oracle listener port number from listener.ora file. In Windows, the file is located in below directory,
- Open the listener. ora file and you will get the port number (1521).
- Alternatively, you can use the command LSNRCTL.
How do I find the database name in Oracle?
- Through V$DATABASE. SQL> select name from V$database; NAME ——— XE.
- Through GLOBAL_NAME. GLOBAL_NAME has the default value of db_name + db_domain.
- Through dbms_utility.get_parameter_value.
What is DB instance name?
A DB instance is an isolated database environment running in the cloud. It is the basic building block of Amazon RDS. A DB instance can contain multiple user-created databases, and can be accessed using the same client tools and applications you might use to access a standalone database instance.
Can we change SID in oracle?
Changing ORACLE_SID On UNIX. You can change the value of ORACLE_SID by completing the following steps: 1. Invoke SQL*Plus and connect as a user with SYSDBA privileges.
What is the full form of Sid?
Short for security identifier, a security feature of the Windows NT and 2000 operating systems. The SID is a unique name (alphanumeric character string) that is used to identify an object, such as a user or a group of users in a networkof NT/2000 systems.
How do I find the SID of an Oracle database in Linux?
A few ways would be the following. If this doesn’t show anything, you can check the /var/opt/oracle/oratab file on UNIX and the /etc/oratab file on LINUX. If this doesn’t show anything, you can check the window’s service for a service named OracleSerivce