- 1 Can you get internet without a coax cable?
- 2 Can I get internet without a cable outlet?
- 3 How do I make a coaxial outlet?
- 4 Does a wireless router need a coax cable?
- 5 Where can I find coax outlets?
- 6 Can you use Xfinity Wi-Fi without coax cable?
- 7 Does Comcast install cable outlets?
- 8 Do all coaxial outlets work for internet?
- 9 How do I activate an internet outlet?
- 10 How do you move an internet outlet?
- 11 Is coax necessary?
- 12 Why do I need a coax cable for internet?
- 13 How do I know which coax outlet is for Internet?
- 14 Where can I find coaxial cable in my house?
- 15 Can I plug my modem into any cable outlet?
- 16 What happens if you don’t have a coax outlet Comcast?
Can you get internet without a coax cable?
You need a coax cable to connect it to the jack for the ISP. You can then go wireless or ethernet cable to connect it to the computer.
Can I get internet without a cable outlet?
If your home isn’t wired for cable or phone, you can get internet with fixed-wireless, mobile wireless internet (4G LTE), or satellite internet. And if your home is wired for landline phone service, you can also get DSL internet and still choose not to get landline phone service.
How do I make a coaxial outlet?
Does a wireless router need a coax cable?
Strictly speaking, the answer is no, the router attaches to the modem with an Ethernet cable, CAT 5e. There are some gateway devices that combine a modem and router into one device, and they attach via coax cable.
Where can I find coax outlets?
Can you use Xfinity Wi-Fi without coax cable?
Older homes that don’t have a coax outlet to plug your modem into will need one installed. … If you want to move the location where your modem is installed to a different room, you’ll need a professional installer to run a new cable. You could also just get a Wi-Fi extender.
Does Comcast install cable outlets?
All cable outlets are accessible, or you know where you want them installed. Someone 18 years or older will be present for the duration of the installation. All equipment you already have (e.g., wireless cards, modems, routers) is available to the technician. … All pets are secured while the technician is in your home.
Do all coaxial outlets work for internet?
It will likely work but sometime the cable in the walls is the older type that does not work well with internet data. You also need to make sure any splitters in the path are designed to run with cable modem.
How do I activate an internet outlet?
How do you move an internet outlet?
- Turn the modem off, or unplug it.
- Disconnect the modem from your router or other hardware.
- Move the modem to the new location.
- Reconnect your modem to a coaxial connector or phone jack, and plug back in any other equipment like your router.
Is coax necessary?
Just go with either Ethernet over Power or go Wifi. You only need the Coax jack, if you plan on moving the gateway.
Why do I need a coax cable for internet?
A coax cable can transmit enough data for both TV and internet service. And to get faster speeds, you need to get more bandwidth. Most TV and internet providers have better deals when you bundle both services together since both services can work through the same network.
How do I know which coax outlet is for Internet?
Manual Test using Cable Modem– You can test your coax outlet’s signal by taking your cable modem from cable outlet to cable outlet, and plugging it in to each coax outlet to verify a signal and connectivity. If your internet modem connects like normal, that means a signal was detected.
Where can I find coaxial cable in my house?
Look for a gray or black box, which may have the name of your cable provider printed on the front. You will see a black cable that runs into the box from either a utility pole or underground utility source and coaxial cables that run out of the cable box into your home.
Can I plug my modem into any cable outlet?
As long as the drop to which you connect the modem, is itself connected to the same demarcation point or “demarc”, you can connect the modem to the drop without requiring provider assistance.
What happens if you don’t have a coax outlet Comcast?
You have to set up an appointment for the Comcast tech to come out and install coaxial cable. not having coax outlets does not mean you cant have cable internet, it just means Comcast has to do more then just run their lines up to your house and plug into a box outside and viola whole home internet.