- 1 Why is my WiFi hotspot not working?
- 2 How do I fix my hotspot connection?
- 3 How do I reset my hotspot settings?
- 4 How does Xfinity WiFi hotspot work?
- 5 Why does my WiFi work but not my internet?
- 6 How do I reset my WiFi at home?
- 7 How do I restart my WiFi router?
- 8 What does the WPS button do?
- 9 Why isn’t my hotspot working on my laptop?
- 10 Why does my hotspot keep dropping out?
- 11 Why won’t my laptop connect to my hotspot?
- 12 How do I get my mobile hotspot to work?
- 13 How do I activate my Xfinity hotspot?
- 14 Why is my Xfinity WiFi not working on my phone?
- 15 How do I set up Xfinity hotspot?
- Turn off your router and modem, and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Turn on your modem, and wait for one minute. Afterward, turn on your router.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before reconnecting your devices.
You asked, why is my Xfinity WiFi hotspot saying no Internet connection? If your Xfinity Wi-Fi says “Connected, but no Internet”, it means that your device is connected to your router/modem but can’t access the Internet because of a faulty router, DNS issues, IP address issues, or filled cache storage on your device.
In this regard, why does my hotspot say connected but no Internet? Head into Settings > Wi-Fi & network > SIM & network > (your-SIM) > Access Point Names on your phone. … You can also tap the + (plus) icon to add a new APN. Verify APN Settings on Android. That should most likely resolve your mobile hotspot connected but no Internet issue.
Best answer for this question, why is my Xfinitywifi not working? Unplug your equipment, wait one minute, and then plug it back in. This method, known as powercycling or rebooting, can fix many connection problems. Make sure your account is up to date on payments by going to the Billing tab in My Account (you may be asked to sign in using your Xfinity ID and password first).
As many you asked, how do I fix no Internet connection?
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”.
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
- Log in to your account at xfinity.com/myaccount using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Scroll down and select Manage Internet.
- Select Restart Modem to begin troubleshooting.
- Select Start Troubleshooting to begin your modem restart.
Why is my WiFi hotspot not working?
To solve this problem, open the WiFi Settings (Settings > Network and internet > WiFi), select your network, and click on the ‘Forget’ button. … You can now manually connect to the hotspot by going into WiFi Settings as described above, tapping on the wireless hotspot again and this time, entering the correct password.
How do I fix my hotspot connection?
- Making sure the internet connection is available.
- Turning off the Wifi and switching it back on.
- Restarting your phone.
- Recreating your hotspot.
- Turn off the power-saving mode.
- Checking the bandwidth.
- Checking the receiving device.
- Factory reset.
How do I reset my hotspot settings?
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select System.
- Tap the arrow next to Advanced.
- Select Reset Options.
- Tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Confirm the information.
- Tap Reset.
How does Xfinity WiFi hotspot work?
“XFINITYwifi” and “cablewifi” are public, unsecure networks, similar to public WiFi connections offered at a coffee shop. To connect to a public WiFi hotspot, simply select the name of the network from the list of available networks on your device, and enter the password given to you by the establishment.
Why does my WiFi work but not my internet?
WiFi connected but no Internet: Start with the router On the other hand, if the Internet doesn’t work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it. … If your router and modem are separate, restart both.
How do I reset my WiFi at home?
Unplug your router or modem from its power outlet (don’t just turn it off). Wait 15-20 seconds, then plug it back in. Allow the device a minute or two to turn back on.
How do I restart my WiFi router?
For some people the easiest way to reboot the router is to unplug the power supply, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in again. Alternatively, there may be an on/off switch on the back of the router, in which case you can use that to turn it off, wait 30 seconds, and then turn it on again.
Wi-Fi® Protected Setup (WPS) is a built-in feature of many routers that make it easier to connect Wi-Fi enabled devices to a secure wireless network. …
Why isn’t my hotspot working on my laptop?
Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC. Press Win+I to open Settings and go to Network and Internet. … Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right-click and go to Properties. Open the Sharing tab and uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
Why does my hotspot keep dropping out?
Your wireless drivers could be out-of-date. Your wireless adapter could be turning itself off. There could be wireless interference. There are no natural sources of radio noise in the Wi-Fi band, but there are plenty of man-made sources, like microwave ovens, cordless phones, game consoles, AV equipment, etc.
Why won’t my laptop connect to my hotspot?
Reset the Android network settings Choose Network & Internet. Tap on the 3-dot menu and select Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth. Confirm the selection and reset Network settings. After that, reconfigure the hotspot with the previously suggested settings and try connecting again.
How do I get my mobile hotspot to work?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap the Network & internet option.
- Select Hotspot & tethering.
- Tap on Wi-Fi hotspot.
- This page has options for turning the hotspot feature on and off.
- Follow instructions to customize the hotspot feature to your liking.
How do I activate my Xfinity hotspot?
- Go to customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security/hotspot.
- Sign in to your account using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Click Turn Off or Turn On to disable or enable your public hotspot.
- Confirm your selection.
- A confirmation message will appear.
Why is my Xfinity WiFi not working on my phone?
Auto-connect from an Android phone If for some reason you’re not connecting, it could be because you changed the network name or password on your Xfinity Home WiFi. … Turn on WiFi. Your phone will automatically search for available WiFi networks, then tap the name of your home network. Enter your network password.
How do I set up Xfinity hotspot?
- Make sure WiFi is turned on.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Make sure WiFi is set to On.
- Once WiFi is turned on, wait a moment as your Android phone detects the WiFi networks in range.
- Find xfinitywifi from the list of available networks and tap it.