- 1 Why can’t I use Internet Explorer with Windows 10?
- 2 Why is Internet Explorer not working but Chrome is?
- 3 How do I get Internet Explorer to connect to the Internet?
- 4 Can’t connect to websites but Internet works?
- 5 How do I update Internet Explorer on Windows 10?
- 6 How do I install Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 10?
- 7 How do I get Internet Explorer to open instead of edge?
- 8 Why does edge open instead of Internet Explorer?
- 9 When did Microsoft stop supporting Internet Explorer?
- 10 Does Google Chrome interfere with Internet Explorer?
- 11 How do I clear IE cache?
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools > Internet options.
- Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box, select Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, select Close > OK.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Beside above, how do I reinstall or repair Internet Explorer on Windows 10?
- Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer.
- Press the Windows logo key+R to open the Run box.
- Type inetcpl.
- The Internet Options dialog box appears.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, select Reset.
Likewise, how do I fix Internet Explorer not opening?
- Make sure Internet Explorer is closed.
- Search Windows for Internet Options and select the matching result.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click the Reset button.
- Click Reset.
- Click Close.
- Try to launch Internet Explorer, and it should respond normally now.
In this regard, why some websites are not opening in Internet Explorer? Select the Advanced tab. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again. … When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Frequent question, how do I get Internet Explorer back?
- Click Start, and then click Default Programs.
- Click Set program access and computer defaults.
- Under Choose a configuration, click Custom.
- Click to select the Enable access to this program box next to Internet Explorer.
If you can’t find Internet Explorer on your device, you’ll need to add it as a feature. Select Start > Search , and enter Windows features. Select Turn Windows features on or off from the results and make sure the box next to Internet Explorer 11 is selected. Select OK, and restart your device.
Why can’t I use Internet Explorer with Windows 10?
If you can’t open Internet Explorer on Windows 10, the first thing you need to do is close all running applications and restart your computer. Some bugs that are caused by temporary system glitches can be quickly resolved by refreshing the operating system.
Why is Internet Explorer not working but Chrome is?
If Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are working fine , it is issue with Google Chrome and try uninstall it and restart your PC and download and reinstall it. If problem persist, contact Google support.
How do I get Internet Explorer to connect to the Internet?
- 1Click the Start button and choose Connect To.
- 2Choose Set Up a Connection or Network.
- 3Choose Set Up a Dial-Up Connection.
- 4Enter your dialup ISP’s information.
- 5Click the Connect button.
- 6Click the Start menu and choose Connect To.
- 7Click the Dial-Up Internet connection and click Connect.
Can’t connect to websites but Internet works?
If you are on a home network, unplug the power to your router and broadband modem. Leave them unplugged for ten seconds and then plug them in again. After the modem and router have powered up and re-connected, test your Internet again. … You can contact your ISP for help with making sure the router settings are correct.
How do I update Internet Explorer on Windows 10?
To be sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer 11, select the Start button, select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates.
How do I install Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 10?
Start button> Settings> System> left side menu, select Default Apps then select Set Defaults by App. Select Internet Explorer. If one or more websites aren’t working with Edge or IE11, Compatibility View may help. From IE> Tools (or Alt + t)> Compatibility View Settings, place the site in the list.
How do I get Internet Explorer to open instead of edge?
- Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button , and then choose Internet options.
- Select the Programs tab, and then choose Make default.
- Select OK, and then close Internet Explorer.
Why does edge open instead of Internet Explorer?
Microsoft also maintains a list of all the sites that are incompatible with IE. Whenever IE can’t render a website, it will automatically redirect you to Microsoft Edge. In other words, IE automatically launches Edge, inviting you to switch to the new web browser. But that’s something that many users don’t really like.
When did Microsoft stop supporting Internet Explorer?
Internet Explorer (IE) 11 is the last major version of Internet Explorer. Starting June 15, 2022, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will no longer be supported on certain versions of Windows 10*.
Does Google Chrome interfere with Internet Explorer?
Chrome won’t work if you require Internet Explorer to access an old website that requires Internet Explorer 6 or ActiveX controls, but most modern websites are likely to work better with Chrome.
How do I clear IE cache?
If you are using Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox you can quickly clear cache with a keyboard shortcut. While in your browser, press Ctrl + Shift + Delete simultaneously on the keyboard to open the appropriate window.