- 1 How do I access a shared folder over the Internet?
- 2 How do I access server files remotely?
- 3 How do I connect two external hard drives together?
- 4 Can I connect Seagate Central directly to computer?
- 5 What is Seagate Global Access?
- 6 How do I connect my Seagate Personal Cloud to my computer?
- 7 How can I access a server from outside the network?
- 8 How do I connect to a network remotely?
- 9 What is WebDAV?
- 10 Can I connect 2 external hard drives to my laptop?
- 11 Can you daisy chain Seagate external hard drive?
- Log in to the web-based interface of the router.
- Go to Advanced > USB Settings > Sharing Access page.
- Tick the FTP(via Internet) checkbox, and then click Save.
- Refer to the following table to access your USB disk remotely.
In this regard, how do I access my external hard drive over the Internet?
- Connect the external hard drive to the USB port of your server or computer that is always ON.
- Click the Start button, then click Computer.
- Right-click on the external drive, then select Share with.
- Click the Advanced Sharing…
- Check the Share this folder option.
Amazingly, how can I access files from another computer over the Internet?
- Desktop Sharing Softwares.
- VPN Server.
- Dedicated Routers and NAS Devices.
- Online Backup Services.
- FTP Servers.
- Cloud Storage Services.
- Access Files Directly through the Browser.
- Opera Unite.
Also the question is, can I share an external hard drive on a network? You can link a single external hard drive to two or more computers that are on the same network. … External hard drives can only be connected to one computer, and they can then be set up for sharing over a network.
Best answer for this question, how do I access my Seagate external hard drive remotely? Go to NAS OS > Device Manager > Network > Remote access. In the Remote access drop-down menu, choose Seagate MyNAS. Type a name for the NAS OS device in the Name field.Right click on the drive that you want to share and select “Give access to” > “Advanced Sharing…”. Enter a name to identify the drive over the network. If you want to be able to both read and write to the drives from your other computers, select “Permissions” and check “Allow” for “Full Control.”
- Search for Network , and click to open it.
- Select Search Active Directory at the top of the window; you may need to first select the Network tab on the upper left.
- From the drop-down menu next to “Find:”, select either Printers or Shared Folders.
How do I access server files remotely?
The best solution that will allow organizations to access files remotely is to set-up a virtual private network (VPN). A VPN provides a cable-like connection via the Internet between a remote PC and your office’s server.
How do I connect two external hard drives together?
- Plug the hard drives directly into your computer if you have enough ports.
- Connect the external storage devices through a daisy chain if you run out of USB or firewire ports.
- Get a hard drive with a port.
- Hook up the first hard drive.
Can I connect Seagate Central directly to computer?
The Central supports all major mobile devices, including iOS devices, Android devices, Blu-ray players, and the Amazon Kindle HD. … All in all, nearly any network-connected device can connect to it and stream content from it, and all popular mobile platforms are supported.
What is Seagate Global Access?
Seagate® Global Access allows you to remotely upload, download, and work with files and folders stored on your BlackArmor® NAS servers. … Each user who wants to use Seagate Global Access must individually log into the BlackArmor NAS and enable the BlackArmor service for their user account.
How do I connect my Seagate Personal Cloud to my computer?
How can I access a server from outside the network?
- Open Remote Desktop Connection on your computer.
- Type in your organisation’s public IP address and click connect.
- Enter your organisation’s username and password.
How do I connect to a network remotely?
- Click the Start button and type the word Remote. Then click the Remote Desktop Connection icon.
- Enter the name of the computer you want to connect to.
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter your username and password, and then click OK.
- Use the remote computer!
What is WebDAV?
Briefly: WebDAV stands for “Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning”. It is a set of extensions to the HTTP protocol which allows users to collaboratively edit and manage files on remote web servers.
Can I connect 2 external hard drives to my laptop?
You can connect multiple external hard drives to a laptop or desktop computer using a USB or Firewire connection. … The hard drives store data in combination or mirror one another to back up duplicate data on multiple hard disks.
Can you daisy chain Seagate external hard drive?
Seagate Backup Plus Overview Along with enhanced data transfer speeds, you also benefit from the ability to daisy chain up to six devices with the included dual port adapter. This plug-and-play device is Time Machine compatible right out of the box, eliminating the need to format the drive before using it.