- Select Start > Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi and then select the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to.
- Under Properties, look for your IP address listed next to IPv4 address.
In this regard, how do I find my IP address for my WiFi?
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi Settings.
- Tap and hold on your connected network and select Manage Network Settings.
- Check the box next to Show Advanced Options.
- Select Static under IP Settings.
- Your router IP address is listed under the Gateway section.
Best answer for this question, can you get an IP address from a WiFi address? Simple answer: No. When you aren’t connected you have no way of knowing what the IP is even if you create something that “remembers” the IP when you were last connected, because the IP might change every 10 seconds for all you (or your computer) knows. Your public IP is the public IP of the router.
You asked, how do I obtain IP address? On an Android/tablet Go to your Wifi network settings, then select the network you’re connected to. You’ll find your IP address along with the other network information.
Subsequently, how do I find the IP address of my wireless router without connecting it?
- Click the Windows search bar, and type Command Prompt in the search box.
- Then press Enter.
- Type ipconfig in the command line and press Enter.
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway.