- 1 Can I delete Internet Explorer if I have Google Chrome?
- 2 How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10?
- 3 Why is IE still on Windows 10?
- 4 How do I go back to Internet Explorer?
- 5 How do I reinstall Internet Explorer if removed from PC?
- 6 Why is Internet Explorer not installing?
- 7 How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 8 from Windows 7?
- 8 How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 10 from Windows 7?
- 9 Is Internet Explorer still safe to use?
- 10 Can I disable Internet Explorer 11?
- 11 Should I disable Internet Explorer 11?
- Click Start and open Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Click Optional features.
- In the list of installed features, locate Internet Explorer 11. Click on the entry, then click Uninstall.
- Wait for the Latest Actions section to indicate reboot required.
- Restart the computer.
Also know, is it possible to uninstall Internet Explorer? If you don’t use Internet Explorer, don’t uninstall it. Uninstalling Internet Explorer may cause your Windows computer to have problems. Even though removing the browser isn’t a wise option, you can safely disable it and use an alternative browser to access the internet.
As many you asked, how do I uninstall Internet Explorer on Windows 10?
- Open Settings.
- Enter app settings.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off”
- Untick “Internet Explorer 11”
- Confirm your choice.
- Uninstall Internet Explorer.
- Restart your PC so Windows 10 can fully remove Internet Explorer.
Also the question is, how do I uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10? Under Programs and Features, select View installed updates on left pane. Under Uninstall an update list, select applicable Internet Explorer version from the list (Internet Explorer 11 or Windows Internet Explorer 9) and select Yes to confirm uninstallation and restart your system to complete the process.
Quick Answer, how do I uninstall Internet Explorer on Windows 7?As you can see from our little experiment, it is safe to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10, simply because its place had already been taken by Microsoft Edge. It’s also reasonably safe to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 8.1, but only as long as you have another browser installed.
Can I delete Internet Explorer if I have Google Chrome?
Or I can delete Internet Explorer or Chrome to make sure I have more space on my laptop. Hi, No, you cannot ‘delete’ or uninstall Internet Explorer. Some IE files are shared with Windows Explorer and other Windows functions/features.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- On the right pane, under “Related settings,” click the Program and Features option.
- On the left pane, click the Turn Windows features on or off option.
- Clear the Internet Explorer 11 option.
Why is IE still on Windows 10?
The main reason for keeping Internet Explorer in Windows 10 is to run websites, based on legacy HTML technologies, which are not, or improperly, supported in Microsoft Edge. … Windows 11 removed Internet Explorer, although it was disabled and some of its files are still stored in Windows’ Program Files folder.
How do I go back to Internet Explorer?
To open Internet Explorer, select Start , and enter Internet Explorer in Search . Select Internet Explorer (Desktop app) from the results. If you can’t find Internet Explorer on your device, you’ll need to add it as a feature. Select Start > Search , and enter Windows features.
How do I reinstall Internet Explorer if removed from PC?
The first approach to reinstalling Internet Explorer is actually almost the exact reverse of what we just did. Go back to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Turn Windows features on or off, and in there, check the Internet Explorer box. Click OK and Internet Explorer should be reinstalled.
Why is Internet Explorer not installing?
Turn on Windows Firewall. Disable the antispyware and antivirus software on your computer. … After the antispyware or antivirus software is disabled, try to install Internet Explorer. After the Internet Explorer installation is finished, re-enable the antispyware and antivirus software that you disabled.
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 8 from Windows 7?
How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 10 from Windows 7?
Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall. Restart computer.
Is Internet Explorer still safe to use?
Using this vulnerable browser can be a serious security risk. Microsoft has warned users that a critical vulnerability in Explorer allows cybercriminals to hijack computers running the program. This means if you still use Internet Explorer, you should really stop.
Can I disable Internet Explorer 11?
Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer. Double-click Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser. Select Enabled. … Never if you don’t want to notify users that IE11 is disabled.
Should I disable Internet Explorer 11?
If you’re not sure if you need Internet Explorer or not, I would recommend simply disabling Internet Explorer and testing your normal sites. If you run into issues, worse-case, you can re-enable the browser. However, for most of us out there, you should be just fine.