- 1 Where can I get my stamps appraised?
- 2 Can stamps be marked up?
- 3 What can I do with unused stamps?
- 4 Can you sell stamps for less than face value?
- 5 What is the best way to sell stamps?
- 6 Is there an app to identify stamps?
- 7 How do I value my stamp collection?
- 8 Which stamps are worth money?
- 9 Do pawn shops buy stamps?
- 10 Do Stanley Gibbons buy stamps?
- 11 Does USPS buy back unused stamps?
Selling Your Stamps If you’re ready to sell your collection or an estate, we can help you get the best prices for all collectible stamps. Known as one of the best places to buy and sell stamps online, Apfelbaum, Inc. offers a number of options for anyone looking to liquidate their stamp collection.
Also know, is reselling stamps legal? Today, you can purchase stamps at a variety of locations, such as convenience stores, grocery stores and even warehouses. Reselling stamps is not illegal. Although you need approval to act as an official contractor or participate in USPS programs, you are free to resell your new or used postage stamps.
Also, are stamps easy to sell? Selling stamps isn’t always easy. It’s a highly-specialist area which is often confusing and complex to understand. … Usually, this type of sale appeals more to novices and conservative collectors, who don’t want their cherished items to face the uncertainty of a stamp auction or online sale.
In this regard, can you make money selling old stamps? Few collectors who set out collecting as a hobby end up with a collection worth much more than what they paid. … Only by getting a good deal on high quality stamps can you hope to earn a profit when selling stamp collection. The key word in stamp collecting for profit is “condition.” Pristine stamps earn top dollar.
People ask also, how can I sell my US stamps?
- Local Dealer: Dealers handle both collections and individual stamps.
- Mail Order Dealer: If you’re not going local, consider working with a mail order dealer.
- American Philatelic Society Circuit Sales:
- Auction House:
Where can I get my stamps appraised?
Look for an appraiser through authoritative sources like official stamp collection societies. The American Philatelic Society notes you may pay anywhere from $75 to $250 an hour to have the stamps/collection appraised. Some local groups, like the Northern Philatelic Society, may offer free appraisal services.
Can stamps be marked up?
Action Line: Retailers are allowed to mark up price of postage stamps.
What can I do with unused stamps?
All unused United States postage stamps released after 1930 are essentially worth face value. Therefore, you can use old stamps to make some extra cash by selling them to a stamp buyer. You can also use them to mail letters and packages through USPS.
Can you sell stamps for less than face value?
What is “Discount Postage”? Discounted postage, simply put, is US postage sold under face value. This postage is perfectly legal to sell, buy and use on all your USPS mail.
What is the best way to sell stamps?
- Using a stamp dealer. It is vital to understand that dealers are often also collectors in search of a bargain.
- Stamp fairs.
- Stamp Magazine.
- Selling stamps on eBay.
- Donating stamps to a charity.
- Selling stamps at auction.
- Selling stamps by Private Treaty Sale.
Is there an app to identify stamps?
Stamp ID Pro is a stamp collecting app that makes it easy to identify United States stamps quickly. It uses the process of elimination to identify each stamp in the least number of possible steps.
How do I value my stamp collection?
Contact the Philatelic Traders’ Society by visiting its website. They will be able to give your collection an ‘appraisal’ for free and give you advice as to whether or not your collection may be worth something.
Which stamps are worth money?
- The Inverted Jenny. (Courtesy of Siegel Auction Gallery)
- 1847 Issue Block of 16 of Ben Franklin.
- Almanac Stamp of 1765 or 1766.
- ‘Blue Boy’ Alexandria Postmaster’s Provisional.
- 1869 Pictorials—Inverted Center Errors.
- Two-Cent Blue Hawaiian Missionary.
- 1860 Stolen Pony Cover.
- Pan American Inverts.
Do pawn shops buy stamps?
If your stamps prove to be of value, you can either try to sell stamps online, at a pawnshop, or through a dealer. Keep in mind that pawn shops are resellers and will offer less than face value for your stamps.
Do Stanley Gibbons buy stamps?
That being said, we do love stamps, so, if you have a collection which you would like us to appraise please don’t hesitate to contact us or just pop in for a chat.
Does USPS buy back unused stamps?
The US Postal Service does not buy back stamps but our service allows you to sell your unused stamps. … It’s possible to have extra stamps after mailing out wedding invitations, closing a business, political campaigns or switching a mailing system for a non-profit. A large inheritance of stamps is also common.